I have hair again of course, 3 inches of the stuff in fact but I just can't go wigless in public! I know ladies in my situation with less hair who couldn't wait to ditch the wig or never bothered with one in the first place but that's just not me. I know how shallow that sounds but I just can't.
I hate my short hair, I've never had short hair and it's just not me! Don't get me wrong, some woman look gorgeous with short hair and I'm not anti short hair ...just not on me.
My wig is uncomfortable, hot and itchy but when I look in the mirror I look more like me so it's worth it.
My wig has given us hours of entertainment over the last year! Only today my 6 year old niece came wondering down the stairs wearing it giggling to herself and asking "can I play with your wig please Janine?". It's not just the little kids that get enjoyment from it though, it's the big kids too! Many of my friends (and even my mother in law) have tried it on and over Christmas I caught my step daughter with it on her head giggling with her friend on face time!
It's all fun and games until you have to wear it all the time! I know, I don't HAVE to but we've established I'm vain and shallow! I salute those ladies who wear scarfs in public or even with nothing covering theit head at all! For me it was always so important not to look ill...especially as I was doing it pushing a pram.
The day is coming that it will be time to ditch the wig...just not quite yet! Will I be sad? No but I wouldn't of been without it!

No comments:
Post a Comment