I totally forgot I had agreed for them to write it and I hadn't actually spoke to the Hayling Islander directly! So when I received a message from my new friend (and right hand lady) Stacey last night I was just as surprised as her!
She hasn't received her copy yet and neither had I! So while my husband was sent on a late night mission to go and obtain one Stacey managed to get a photo sent by one of her friends who had!
More than anything if I honest I was nervous! I've learnt that someone else telling your 'story' is not an easy thing to do. It's also very hard to read the last year if your life back when it was so horrendous. Although I can talk about it now without getting upset, reading it is another matter! However, I have to say I was happy with what has been written and if it helps raise money for Cancer Research UK and awareness then that's fabulous!
Thank you Hayling Islander for writing it so well and sensitively!

No comments:
Post a Comment