Featured post

Tuesday, 15 March 2016

A New Boob & Claireabella

Today was my much longed for appointment with the plastic surgeon to discuss the possibility of a new boob! I knew from the day they took my old boob (the one that caused all the trouble) that reconstruction was the route I would go down. Now, Some people are able to have reconstruction straight away but unfortunately I'm not one of those people. Because of the size of my tumour and the fact I had to have radiotherapy, I couldn't have a mastectomy and reconstruction at the same time.

I've come to accept my one boob state but I think because I know it's temporary this has helped! I would of let them cut off anything they liked if it would make be better but if I could have a new one in its place then why wouldn't I!

So off I went to meet with the surgeon. I was expecting to see the surgeon who had done my previous surgery but that turned out not to be the case. The new surgeon was nice enough and I'm sure highly qualified but I felt sad at the fact it wasn't my original surgeon. He didn't know me, I didn't know him and it was not as relaxed as my previous visits!

That aside, We went through my options, all of which I knew as I had googled these for months! I had already decided on the reconstruction using my own tissue (fat & skin from my stomach) rather than an implant. The surgeon agreed this was the best option although not the easiest. Recovery is long and I was advised It takes a year before I would be fully recovered. " I understand, but I still want it" I said. It was strange, it was like he was trying to talk me out of it but insisting it was the best type at the same time!

Anyway, so it's all been agreed and then he advised me about the waiting list...6 months! It's not unreasonable, it's quite normal because it is a major operation but it's not life threateningly needed surgery. I'm trying so hard not to be disappointed because at the end of the day it's not that important. This time last year I was very ill and scared I was going die. Now my biggest problem is I have to wait for a new boob?! I need a good slap, don't I! I'm still here and at the moment my health *touch wood* is so much better. As I've said before I'm lucky, so lucky! 

So I came home ashamed as I am to admit it, a bit disheartened. However... This was short lived because we have received a brilliant addition today for our auction!! Only a pair of undies from the original queen of the Jute bags herself Claireabella! 




Now I have always been a huge fan of Claireabella products and now I'm a huge fan of Claireabella herself! These days of course, she has a huge range and I am awaiting her onesies to come back in stock so I can live it it post surgery while I'm recovering!! If I've got to spend 5 days in hospital I've decided I'm going to do it in style! To View Claieabella's range, click on this link http://www.toxicfox.co.uk/claireabella







No comments:

Post a Comment