Although I haven't had any undies arrive this week, that doesn't mean things have slowed down! We have had a "yes" from Leigh Francis, Brooke Vincent and Brit Hollywood star Tamer Hassan to name a few!!! We also have had a few maybes but won't name those until they are confirmed!
I can't lie, the excitement of undies arriving does spur me on and I can get a little slack when it doesn't feel like there's much going on. The thing I find really hard is to get people's attention, for them to really engage with what we're trying to do...I have to tell my story. I find this incredibly difficult because I don't want people to feel sorry for me. It's human nature and it not a horrible thing but it's also something that I feel is wasted on me. The sad thing is I'm not the only young (35 is still young right?) woman to have breast cancer there are loads of us out there! The unusual thing about me, I realise is that I had/have a baby at the same time.
Now I say unusual but unfortunately is happens to more than it should. Something I'm very aware of is sometimes both mum & baby don't always make it. The fact I'm still here and I have my Mason is something I'm so grateful for. I'm one of the lucky ones and although I never forget it sometimes I need a slap to bring it to the front of my mind!
I can't lie, the excitement of undies arriving does spur me on and I can get a little slack when it doesn't feel like there's much going on. The thing I find really hard is to get people's attention, for them to really engage with what we're trying to do...I have to tell my story. I find this incredibly difficult because I don't want people to feel sorry for me. It's human nature and it not a horrible thing but it's also something that I feel is wasted on me. The sad thing is I'm not the only young (35 is still young right?) woman to have breast cancer there are loads of us out there! The unusual thing about me, I realise is that I had/have a baby at the same time.
Now I say unusual but unfortunately is happens to more than it should. Something I'm very aware of is sometimes both mum & baby don't always make it. The fact I'm still here and I have my Mason is something I'm so grateful for. I'm one of the lucky ones and although I never forget it sometimes I need a slap to bring it to the front of my mind!
Yesterday I got said slap, and I'm more grateful then ever.
I was in touch only very, very briefly with a lady called Heidi who has a blog of her own "A Storm In A Tit Cup". Now like me she was diagnosed with breast cancer while she was pregnant but unlike me, she was diagnosed much earlier on. I don't want to tell her story for her because it's not my story to tell (like I say I don't actually know her) but basically so she could get treatment her baby had to be induced very early. The odds were in her favour (90%) but unfortunately although at first she was doing so well, baby Ally passed away 8 days later. Heidi is now going through her treatment at the same time as grieving for her beautiful daughter. Something I can't even comprehend as through my treatment my baby boy has kept me going. To read Heidi's blog and to follow her journey click on the following link : http://storminatitcup.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
This afternoon as I walked with Mason on this cold but sunny day I thought of Heidi and baby Ally. This shouldn't of happened to me, this shouldn't of happened to Heidi or anyone else who has had Vile illness! If I have to tell my story to help stop this happening to anyone else, I will! I will shout it from the flipping roof tops if I have to!
Heidi and Ally are two of the millions of reasons I want to push this campaign to it's full potential and push it I shall. Amazing what a little walk can do?!

No comments:
Post a Comment