Featured post

Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Antony Joshua

This week I have the pleasure of announcing that Antony Joshua has kindly donated a personally signed Boxing glove for our auction!! 



After the reaction from all the men in my office at work this week, I have a strong suspicion that there are going to be quite a few bidders on this one! 

We received this via Steve's cousin Kellie & her husband Aaron. Aaron himself really wants this item so the fact he was happy to hand it over and bid like everyone else for it is amazing! We really do have the best family! I always knew that of course but this illness has just made me more aware of the fact! Plus now everyone else has got to see this too! 

I can't wait to find out what our next item will be and its a fantastic distraction at the moment from my multiple trips to the hospital! Tomorrow is CT Scan day, which I'm not looking forward to in the slightest!!

This one is to look manly at my stomach ready for my new boob!!! It's still so weird to think part of my stomach is going to me on my chest in a few months!!! 

Anyway, the bit I hate is the fact that I have to have a cannula. My veins are still pretty rubbish after chemo so it's almost impossible to to get a needle in me for these! Attempting to put in a cannula or taking blood normally take 3-4 attempts which is a not nice! I also panic about the cannula being in properly too as there was one occasion during chemo when it wasn't and the cannula blew! If you've never been unlucky enough to have had this happen I can tell you is very painful!!! 

I can not wait for the day I'm not around needles on a regular basis! 

I bumped into our guest blogger Carmen today and as always she looked fabulous!! She tells me she's doing really well which is brilliant. It gives me hope, she gives me hope! I'm hoping she's going to write something else for the blog very soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment